Atlas Surveying, Inc. is accepting resumes for the position of Survey CAD Technician. Responsibilities will include creating construction staking point files; the completion of plats for As-built, Boundary, Title, Tree and Topographic Surveys; as well as the creation of digital terrain models from traditional ground survey data and drone mapping 3D point files. Will be under the direction and supervision of a licensed Professional Land Surveyor and working with a team of other experienced survey professionals.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Previous land surveying or construction experience is strongly preferred.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD is required, with experience in Land Desktop or Carlson Software a plus.
• Ability to read and interpret construction plans for generating field layout data.
• Honest, Dependable, Thorough, and a Strong Work Ethic.
• Must have ability to complete projects independently with minimal supervision.
• Must have solid computations skills.
• Associate degree in Land Surveying, Civil Engineering or CAD Drafting a plus.
• Knowledge in use of any land surveying field equipment is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare stakeout notes and point files for a variety of construction projects.
• Prepare As-built, Boundary, Tree and Topographic Surveys Plats.
• Prepare digital terrain models and contouring.
• Search legal and survey records and land titles to obtain information about property boundaries and areas to be surveyed.
• Reads and understands plans and specifications.
• Perform earthwork volume calculations.
• Know basic sources of measurement errors.
• Self-motivated and organized with good decision making skills.
• Responsible for meeting with clients and public land owners as a representative of the Company.
• Flexible and adaptable to change.
• Performs other duties as assigned.